- 💰💰Event: Wheel of Fortune
This event is how you gather many of the meta commanders. If you can get 100 spins, you get the best value. Save for these events as a top priority.
- 💰💰Event: 7,000 gem event (such as Let there be Moonlight)
Spend 7,000 gems, get to level 25, you end up getting 5,000 gems back. Winnar. Always do this event.
- 💰💰Event: Holy Knight’s Treasure
Best equipment gathering event. Go for it here, but be sure to manage the right blueprints you want in the selection. You will get good materials and patterns to help craft or refine gear.
- 💰Event: More than Gems
Spend gems on things you would anyway, but save for this event when you can.
- 💰Event: Hunt for History
I go heavy on this event to focus on specific blueprints like set pieces and for accessories such as Wind Scars.
- 🤺Mysterious Merchant’s Boutique
1. Resources (tokens): always get the ones you can using resources (not gems). Turning resources in “tokens for resources” is a big win.
2. Speedups: Get all that you can with resources. I then spend gems for Healing, Training, and Any speedups. For me, in kvk, those speedups are critical.
3. Boosts: Get the gathering speed and each of the rss boosts using resources (not gems). You use these for the daily. Grab the Advanced Army Expedition (50% one, not the 25%) when it costs less than 2500 gems!
4. Other. Get any with resources. I’ll still spend gems on equipment materials and once in a while teleports or stars if I need them.
- 🤺VIP Store
Again, always get the stuff you can using resources (AP recovery, speedups)! After that there are still things I’ll spend gems on such as fragments for blueprints for legendary gear (assuming you are chasing set pieces or refining set pieces – but note that the equipment events above are better), Advanced Army Expedition (NOTE: try to get them from the boutique when less than 2500 gems), knowledge tomes, equipment materials (all of them, but especially legendary and epic), and speedups (again, I try to stock serious amounts of healing/training/all speedups).
- 👺Event: Esmerelda’s House (and EVERY other event)
I’ve gotten suckered into doing some of the other events and they are all pretty bad, often really, really bad.
Advice from meta watch
Omniarch has a fantastic video on where to spend gems. Watch it – then throw a like and subscribe, of course, support the best! Note some of my recommendations above deviate from his strategy.